Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Polishing Off the Reds...I hope!

OK, OK, yeah I was at the game last night...Dodgers won, 12 - 3! A seriously sweet victory for Randy Wolf, who pitched 7-1/3 innings...Norman wasn't there, but Roy brought some new guy, Pete, who was pretty appreciative of the Dodger-doings. Everybody in my section liked how the L.A. mayor, his honorable (or not so-) Antonio Villaraigosa got booed by the entire stadium before the game. Didn't stop him from spending several innings in the owners' box, chatting up Frank.

Highlights: I think Furcal might finally be back - he doubled in the 3rd, scoring 2, then homered in the 5th, again scoring 2. Happy days are here again! James Loney went 3 for 4, scoring 2 with his long single in the 3rd inning. Matty scored 2 with his home run in the 2nd inning and, of course, Manny scored 2 with his triple in the 1st. Enough said...oh wait, my boy, Blake DeWitt was back, which is kind of exciting. As a matter of fact, he's playing again tonight!

Tonight, Wednesday the 22nd (going down in infamy as Manny Ramirez Bobblehead Night!) : So, did anyone catch Loney's triple in the 4th? Nice! I'm so attached to Loney, Martin, Kemp, Billingsly, Broxton after seeing them all play in AAA right before they came to L.A. 3 seasons ago. And then DeWitt, in his first games in the Bigs! Our new team rocks!!! Time to focus on the game - I have my broom ready; hopefully Blue will not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment